These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement. Where we use the word ‘you’ or ‘your’ it means the Customer: ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Remover. These terms and conditions can be varied or amended subject to prior written agreement. Your attention is drawn to Clauses 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12 which set out our liability to you for loss of or damage to goods and property.
1 Our Quotation
- 1.1 Our quotation, unless otherwise stated, does not include customs duties and inspections or any other fees or taxes payable to government bodies. It does include us accepting liability for your goods, subject to clauses 2.2, 3.2, 5.2, 5.3 and the provisions of Clauses 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 1.2 We may change the price or make additional charges if circumstances are found to apply which have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation and confirmed by us in writing. These include:
- 1.2.1 You do not accept our quotation in writing within 28 days, or the work is not carried out or completed within three months.
- 1.2.2 Our costs change because of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- 1.2.3 The work is carried out on a Saturday, Sunday, or Public Holiday or outside normal hours (08.00-18.00hrs) at your request.
- 1.2.4 We have to collect or deliver goods at your request above the ground floor and first upper floor.
- 1.2.5 If you collect some or all of the goods from our warehouse, we are entitled to make a charge for handing them over.
- 1.2.6 We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods (these conditions apply to such work).
- 1.2.7 The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 20 metres of the doorway.
- 1.2.8 We have to pay parking or other fees or charges in order to carry out services on your behalf.
- 1.2.9 There are delays or events outside our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time allowed to complete the agreed work.
- 1.2.10 We agree in writing to increase our limit of liability set out in clause 9.1.1
- 1.3 In any such circumstances, adjusted charges will apply and become payable.
2 Work not included in the quotation
- 2.1 Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- 2.1.1 Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture (flat-pack), fitments or fittings.
- 2.1.2 Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
- 2.1.3 Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- 2.1.4 Move items from a loft, unless properly lit and floored and safe access is provided.
- 2.1.5 Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4.
- 2.2 Our staff are not authorized or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a properly qualified person is separately employed by you to carry out these services.
3 Your responsibility
- 3.1 It will be your sole responsibility to:
- 3.1.1 Declare to us, in writing, the value of the goods being removed and/or stored. If it is subsequently established that the value of the goods removed or stored is greater than the actual value you declare, you agree that our liability under clause 9.1 will be reduced to reflect the proportion that your declared value bears to their actual value.
- 3.1.2 Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- 3.1.3 Be present or represented during the collection and delivery of the removal.
- 3.1.4 Ensure authorized signature on agreed inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents by way of confirmation of collection or delivery of goods.
- 3.1.5 Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
- 3.1.6 Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
- 3.1.7 Prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- 3.1.8 Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- 3.1.9 Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
- 3.2 Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these responsibilities.
4 Our responsibility
- 4.1 It is our responsibility to deliver your goods to you, or produce them for your collection, undamaged. By