Surprise, surprise the country is officially in recession. No doubt this news will bring forth a new set of predictions for the housing market. Here at Amber Moves, we try to look at the positive and the positive is that people will always need to move house and many moves are not mortage related.
The main reasons people move are:
- change in family circumstances – new baby on the way, older children leaving home, divorce
- work – especially in these times, you may need to move for your job
- building works – renovating your existing property is often far better than hunting for the house of your dreams
- first home – there comes a time in everyone’s life when living with the parents or house sharing is no longer an option or there are those couples who are beginning wedded bliss
- quality of life – giving up city life and moving to the country
- greed – the days of moving to realise the value in your property are probably over now
So, bar greed, all the above are still reasons to move and the recession shouldn’t play a major factor in the decision to move. Of course, these are cautious times, so decisions may not be made in haste.